Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Came on the blog yesterday and read through my own posts - I had forgotten so much! And things have changed so much! It has got me motivated enough to start blogging again...so wait for my next post.
A big hola to all of you my friends :)
Friday, May 15, 2009
Things have been a bit hectic lately, with us starting a new venture and then travelling etc etc. So I though I'll brief you up with some stuff that I've been going through this month...
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Come again another day
Little Johnny wants to play
Rain rain go away...
Monday, March 16, 2009
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
"Aunty the mangoes are good here. Do you want to see?"
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
A coporate website to represent what the company does, it's location etc. This is an extension of a brick and mortar company to the online world. Typically such a site would have just enough information about the company, its services and contact numbers. It is mostly static with no interaction with the user. But now more and more companies make it interactive so that they can provide technical support and customer service to their customers. If you notice, most electronics and IT companies put up their product manuals, and other support knowledge-base online. So whether you need to download an application, a driver for installation, or need help assembling or operating your product, help is at hand - online. It cuts down on the repetitive work done by support people and they get to deal with only desperate cases! These websites can also be used to extend the services online where a customer can purchase the product without having to visit the store physically.
Then we have websites which have no link in the physical world. The whole business model revolves around this website alone. Such websites can be content based which earn revenue through advertising. Or it can be a product/service based website which earns revenue by selling something online (ecommerce).
There are many options available to a consumer and it takes some time to match the wants and needs with their budgets. Some answers one should know before proceeding are - what do I want to achieve with this website? Do I want to sell online? Who will benefit from my site? How will it add value to my business/work? How much time and resources are available to build such a website? Will I have someone who would update it for me? What is the skill level of thes people.
The last two points are very important because if you make a site which needs constant updation/inputs from your end, and no one is allotted to do so, it is a waste of money and efforts put in to make such a system. Everyone wants to have the most modern and interactive site - but if the site is not updated in a timely manner it doesn't help the business.
Then we also have the social and business networking sites which are gaining fast momentum as a medium for marketing your products etc. This is a very interesting topic and I would defnitely share some knowledge about it in the near future.
Tell me what has been your experience while building a site? (I'm sure most of you would have made/got one made at some point of time...) Did you eventually get what you wanted?
Friday, February 13, 2009
I got tagged by Goofy Mumma. And I must admit I was wanting to do this one. So here I go with some random things about me. But before that, here are the rules.
Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
- My husband is my biggest motivatorBut and critic. I hate him as much when he criticises, as I love him when he encourages me.
- I am paranoid that my kids would feel I don't understand them. That I am of another generation - just like I thought of my mom!
- I get bored of things easily. My favourite dialogue? "I'm bored"!
- I love going for long drives esp when it's cloudy or raining.
- I looove clothes...no amount of buying can ever satisfy this want for me.
- I want to travel the world-not in one go-but one place at a time.
- Big groups make me uncomfortable. I enjoy it more when fewer people are around.
- My husband and my brother are the most important men in my life.
- I am a spoilt brat. Spoilt by my mom, sister, brother and now by R my hubby.
- When I was young I argued a lot. So my dad would say he will make me a lawyer when I grow up. This is one of the few things I remember of him.
- If there is a song playing, I have to - just have to - sing along.
- I tend to remember the lyrics of almost all the songs I hear. Funnily I cannot say the same for everything else I do :(
- Everytime we sisters get together, we sing our old favourites together - including hymns we learnt in school and the school anthem!
- When I was young, I had a diary where I wrote all quotes and lyrics for songs. Yes I would rewind and rewind a song, till I got all the lyrics. Then sing along reading from my diary! (I still have this diary with me)
- I can laugh at the silliest of comedies. In fact I love Govinda/Salman type stupid comedy.
- My siblings would tease me that I am not their sister and that they found me in a "kude ka dibba" (Dust bin)!!! And I would believe them!
- If I don't like you, you will know it.
- I cannot flatter someone - even when the situation demands me to.
- Life for me is made up of colours. Without colours everything is boring! (see here I go with the boring bit)
- Most of the time I have to work really hard to get what I want. But at times things come so easily that I wonder if I am lucky or not?
- I find it very hard to make money. But when I gamble I always do-very easily!
- I am usually an independant thinker.
- I have too many questions when I go for a spiritual meet. (So I refrain from going for one). One such question which I have not got an answer for is : What happens to people who marry again? In the next birth do they get married to the first spouse or the second? (Hindus believe that a marriage lasts for 7 lives.)
- I am crazy about houses. I can remeber their sizes, layouts and any such detail about it.
- I would like to learn dancing cos I suck at it.
And now I look forward to reading a bit more about you all:
PS: Happy Valentines' Day to you all :)