Friday, February 13, 2009

The Randomness Tag

I got tagged by Goofy Mumma. And I must admit I was wanting to do this one. So here I go with some random things about me. But before that, here are the rules.

Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

  1. My husband is my biggest motivatorBut and critic. I hate him as much when he criticises, as I love him when he encourages me.
  2. I am paranoid that my kids would feel I don't understand them. That I am of another generation - just like I thought of my mom!
  3. I get bored of things easily. My favourite dialogue? "I'm bored"!
  4. I love going for long drives esp when it's cloudy or raining.
  5. I looove clothes...no amount of buying can ever satisfy this want for me.
  6. I want to travel the world-not in one go-but one place at a time.
  7. Big groups make me uncomfortable. I enjoy it more when fewer people are around.
  8. My husband and my brother are the most important men in my life.
  9. I am a spoilt brat. Spoilt by my mom, sister, brother and now by R my hubby.
  10. When I was young I argued a lot. So my dad would say he will make me a lawyer when I grow up. This is one of the few things I remember of him.
  11. If there is a song playing, I have to - just have to - sing along.
  12. I tend to remember the lyrics of almost all the songs I hear. Funnily I cannot say the same for everything else I do :(
  13. Everytime we sisters get together, we sing our old favourites together - including hymns we learnt in school and the school anthem!
  14. When I was young, I had a diary where I wrote all quotes and lyrics for songs. Yes I would rewind and rewind a song, till I got all the lyrics. Then sing along reading from my diary! (I still have this diary with me)
  15. I can laugh at the silliest of comedies. In fact I love Govinda/Salman type stupid comedy.
  16. My siblings would tease me that I am not their sister and that they found me in a "kude ka dibba" (Dust bin)!!! And I would believe them!
  17. If I don't like you, you will know it.
  18. I cannot flatter someone - even when the situation demands me to.
  19. Life for me is made up of colours. Without colours everything is boring! (see here I go with the boring bit)
  20. Most of the time I have to work really hard to get what I want. But at times things come so easily that I wonder if I am lucky or not?
  21. I find it very hard to make money. But when I gamble I always do-very easily!
  22. I am usually an independant thinker.
  23. I have too many questions when I go for a spiritual meet. (So I refrain from going for one). One such question which I have not got an answer for is : What happens to people who marry again? In the next birth do they get married to the first spouse or the second? (Hindus believe that a marriage lasts for 7 lives.)
  24. I am crazy about houses. I can remeber their sizes, layouts and any such detail about it.
  25. I would like to learn dancing cos I suck at it.

And now I look forward to reading a bit more about you all:

Mampi, My Space, Nisha, Renu, Chammak Challo, Agnes, Mumbai Diva, Bum Bum Bhole, Piper, Shalom

PS: Happy Valentines' Day to you all :)

24 You Spoke:

Nisha said...

good one...i would have to think really hard to come up with 25 things about me!!will try :)

Piper .. said...

hmm..25 things?!! pretty difficult.Lets see what I can do..thanks for the tag!

SD said...

Cool.
I get bored easily too, and love drives in the rain. Colours are a must in my life too, I feel hollow without them.
Me not a party person too, prefer a small gathering of close friends only.:)
Its so nice to find so many similairities. Really!!

Renu said...

I am yet to do the two tags, but this one I can do fast:), good one , ,similarities with u:)...will tell in my tag:)

Reflections said...

Omigosh I used to do point #25....rewind & rewind & all;-o.
I too wd like to learn dancing.....let me knw if ever u join someplace:-)).

A said...

Interesting!

Thanks for the tag :-)

Magical Homes said...

Oh boy, this requires deep concentration! But it should be fun to figure out 25 random things about myself. thanks for the tag.

dharmabum said...

interesting randomness i say! i must admit that even though i do quite a bit of reading, i am yet to find a reference to the 'marriage lasting 7 lives' phenomenon. i am apt to believe it lasts only as long as we live!!

thanks for tagging me. i have done this thing before, though i don't remember if it was 25, or 13, or 8 random things!!

Jules said...

25 random things?!i don't think if i could come up with that...
nice blog anyway..love it..=)

Another Kiran In NYC said...

Crazy about houses! Nice!!!!

I will get to the tag in a few days. Just feeling a bit overwhelmed right now.

Indian Home Maker said...

I love your question number 23 :)))

Do you ever get any answer for that one???

About dancing, I think it is basically just letting go ... being un-inhibited ...and moving with the music, unless you mean proper steps and all .. that cam be boring? [Using your fav word :)]

DeeplyDip said...

@Nisha and Piper: I'm sure you can do this in a jiffy...once you start believe me you can list much more! Enjoy the tag and take your time :)

@Goofy Mumma: Really? I know its so much fun to know more people like you!

@Renu: Yes this was fun doing. Look forwrad to reading yours!

@Reflections: And I never guessed anyone in the world would do something like this!
surely will tell you once i take up some classes :)

@Agnes: You're welcome. Waiting to read yours now!

@Mumbai Diva: You're welcome. It does not require concentration and is quite easy peasy. If I can do it, then I'm sur eyou will sail through it!

@dharmabum: see I told you - no one has been able to answer this for me...

@Summer: Thanks:) and well its pretty easy - afterall its random things you have to write!

@Another Kiran in NYC: Ya I can remember every detail about them!!
Take your time...the tag is all yours :)

@IHM: No. No answer for it as yet. If you know then let me know...I have a few more to be answered after this!
That's my problem while dancing - i feel the whole world is only watching me! phew...i get nervous!whatever little bit i dance, its only after gulping some drinks....

my space said...

Kude ka dibba LOl!!And ya Daddy always said ye vakil banegi :-)..and i remember ur diary.how u n dinu went on ..and remember like a sunflower;-)..
The tag got me nostalgic..will do it soon though wonder if can think of 25..we have many many common ones..

Another Kiran In NYC said...

I did the tag!!!!!!!!!!

Here it is
http://chammakchallo.blogspot.com/2009/02/brownian-motion-totally-random.html

aneri_masi said...

aah, so many things in here that I see myself nodding at!

Mampi said...

It was fun reading this honest tag. We are all alike in a different sort of way.

A said...

@ DeeplyDip, soon, I promise :-)

Renu said...

another tag is waiting for you..Picture Tag:)

Salomie said...

Hey thanks for the tag, am seeing it only today.....haven't been checking blogs very regularly, sorry!

But it was fun reading! I too love silly comedies and prefer the company of a close group of friends....I feel uncomfortable at large gatherings or even crowded places. And I also used to tell my younger sis that she was adopted, but she never believed me....I guess we looked too much alike :D

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Loved reading this. I feel the same about music and clothes!

DeeplyDip said...

@my space: see i remember everything! ;)

@Another Kiran in NYC: saw it and loved it :)

@aneri_masi: ya we are all so different yet so similar...

@Agnes: take your time - it's all yours!

@Renu: I didn't see my name on the new tag. youve tagged me on the 6th picture tag right?

@Shalom: lol...me n my sis look alike too - but still i believed! ;)

@Mamma Mia: hey thanks for stopping by... :)

Renu said...

I am very poor at informing everybody about the tag or award, now i will try to be more attentive.

DeeplyDip said...

@renu: hehe...it happens with all of us...no worries :)

Iya said...

everyone i know has done this tag..i am so lazy i tell u...

If I don't like you, you will know it - and i can sorelate to this attitude !!
it was fun reading this tag

Post a Comment